To read other conclusions by our editors see: Ultrasone Pro 2900 Review
The Ultrasone Pro 550 didn’t convince us when we compared headphones under $150. But the brand is famous for its high-class headphones. So what about the Pro 2900, the flagship in the Ultrasone product range?
Los Teignos’ Conclusion
Ultrasone certainly brought some fresh air to the market of pro-audio headphones with original products that are very appealing compared with the standard tools from Beyer, AKG or Sennheiser. In fact, the sound signature of this Pro 2900 will surprise many users with its extreme low-end and sharp high-end. But you’ll quickly come to understand that these features are real advantages because this pair of headphones emphasizes exactly the information that is inhibited by the other headphones. I’m not sure of whether these are the ideal headphones if you’re looking for absolute sound neutrality, however they are already a reference.
- Reproduction of very high frequencies
- Reproduction of very low frequencies
- Accessories and packaging
- A strong personality without competitors
- Technology reducing electromagnetic radiation
- Commitment to a sound signature that won’t be every user’s taste
- Ear-cup cushions tend to unscrew too easily